"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I may remember. Involve me and I learn." - from the Xunzi (荀子) by Xun Kuang
I am currently a teaching assistant for the class Math 569: Statistical Learning.
Teaching at Penn State with online materials (note: links may be temporarily broken, please check back in October).
Other classes taught at Previous Institutions (with no online materials available)
- 5/12/2014 @ Rock Ethics Institute's Faculty Workshop -- Mathematics & Sustainability. This talk discusses how teaching practices in math do not necessarily teach mathematical thinking, which appears to be an important component in understanding major issues like sustainability.
- 2/4/2014 @ Penn State Math Department -- Student-Focused Teaching. This talk discusses the basic elements of teaching using the techniques of commercial product design. It also covers common pitfalls of early teachers.
Other Teaching Activities
- Assisted with the Graduate Teaching Assistant Training Program at Penn State from 2013 - 2016.
- Undergraduate Student Research Advisement (various projects) through the Applied Research Lab and the Penn State Mathematics
- Instructor Orientation and Training Program - Assisting with the project
- Expanding Your Horizons (EYH) STEM Career Day for Young Women - Volunteer work. Scheduled for Feb. 1, 2014.
- Seven Bridges of Königsberg - Will Chen and I organized an activity for Middle School children